Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mirror Mirror

Considering I just started a new blog, I guess I should be writing in it, huh? Last week was busy - I think I had something after work almost every night which meant my apartment was a bit neglected. I have big plans for this new place, and am really excited about it. I moved in about three weeks ago, and have begun some projects. Mostly I have just painted. Every. Room. Seriously. I even have OCD and painted my off-white living room white so that it matched the trim. Yup, that's the life of an architect*.

I hope to show some progress in each room as the weeks go by, and hopefully it starts coming together. After meeting my dad this morning pre- 7am at the Long Beach Flea Market (which was disappointingly a bust today), I ran a few errands and decided it was high time I put up the hex mirrors I bought weeks ago. So without further ado...

Here's my kitchen when I moved in (and yes that light is U.G.L.Y. but I think it's going to stay for now as otherwise it would entail repainting the ceiling to cover the giant hex mark it left. No thanks...).


And then it got a coat of purple (there are flecks of purple in the granite, so this was pretty much decided for me):

And finally today I put up the 10 hex mirrors I got from IKEA - a combination of smoky gray and bronze glass:



Okay my camera sucks, but if the white balance/metering were better, in this image you'd see that now I can see out my living room windows while doing the dishes, and there is a nice view of some palm trees and the hill on Ocean Park. Much better than a blank wall. 


One project down, 1 million to go...
*aspiring, you know, once I get my ridiculous amount of IDP hours fulfilled and pass the 7 exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment