Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bedroom Inspiration

Since Pintererst has taken over the world (my world?), there is no lack of inspiration these days for anything anyone could possibly imagine. It has been a savior and a curse for coming up with ideas for my new apartment. Basically I would need about a 100 room apartment to do/try every idea I have. So it's been challenging to boil it down to just a few looks (even my little faux-room leading to my bedroom and bathroom is going to get something as it will be a great little place to experiment with a bold wall pattern - stay tuned!).

Over the years, I usually have painted my bedrooms very pale colors - sky blue, pale pink, gray, or even kept it white with an accent wall.  And while I think light colors are really calming and give an airiness to a space, my new bedroom just wasn't going to feel light and airy - it's dark. Probably the darkest bedroom I've ever had. So instead of trying to lighten it up, I figured I would embrace the dark side and do something very dramatic - and totally different for me. Pinterest to the rescue:



1 | 2 | 3

Yup. My walls got a coat of navy. I'm loving it. It's incredibly dark and cozy. Pictures to follow shortly - I'm hoping to put up some art this weekend to make it feel more finished - well, for the time being at least...

No comments:

Post a Comment